Video Production– Basic Videography & Video Production
Next class: Call 82887210 For More Details
This course provides participants with the knowledge on how to compose and take good video footages using a digital video camera. Learn the art of video editing from our expert instructor
You will learn how to best use these digital devices makes a whole world of difference to the quality of your video production even with limited resources.
Course Outline: Target Audience
Videography enthusiasts, little to zero knowledge in making video marketing campaign, In house corporate video.
Course Information: What the Course will Cover
Module 1 - Understanding Basic Videography & Video Production (2h)
- Planning ahead to Shoot for the edit Fundamental rule sand techniques Creating content and delivering a finished video product
- Media and Recording Formats / Resolution and Aspect Ratios.
- Understanding the Difference in Formats 4:3 / 16:9 and Resolution Aspect Ratios such as 1280 X 720 / 19920 X 1080
Module 2 - Camera Acquisition (2h)
- Consider different camcorders for the three main arenas Which include Consumer, Pro-sumer and Professional
- Camera Operations and Settings. Digital Zoom, Image Stabilization,16:9 Frame White balance, Auto focus /Manual focus
- Details about shutter speed, ISO, and aperture
Module 3 - Basic Lighting Techniques for Indoor & Outdoor (1h)
- The amount of illumination the camera picks up Back lighting, three point lighting setup Using reflectors, white boards, Diffusion on outdoor location
Module 4 - Microphone & Sound Recording Techniques (1h)
- Type of microphone Audio Volume, Recording Levels, Microphone Input
Module 5 - Professional Composition / Smooth Moves and Techniques (1h)
- Composition & Framing, Rule of thirds Long, Medium, and Close shots Head room, Low and High angles Panning, Tilt, Tracking / Dolly Depth of field, Crane shot
Module 6 - Introduction to Video Editing Computers and Software (1h)
- Introducing the interface and setting of Vegas Movie Studio
Module 7 - Setting aspect ratio, Inserting videos and photos, editing clips (1h)
Module 8 - Importing your source material and organize your video clips (1h)
- Organize audio media in multifunction window Create sub folders in the media bins. Example: Video, Titles, Music and Images
- Access stored media from the computer directory, select to add them into project media folders
Module 9 - Techniques for connecting shots through graphic matching Rhythm, movement (1h)
- Process of trimming video clips to insert to the video track To select video without audio on timeline
Module 10 - Enhance the videos in Editing (1h)
- Fade in and out Transitions Video filter Text and titles Pan rotates and crop Speed control and red eye reduction
Module 11 - Insert soundtrack to videos, incorporate the human voice (1 h)
- Extract music from CDs or DVD ,also the right format example MP3,wave and more Learn to record voice by connecting the microphone to PC
Module 12 - Save your video to different formats or upload to Facebook , YouTube and burn to DVD format. (0.5h)
Course Objectives: How the Learner will Benefit
By the end of the live workshop, students will be able to use these digital devices to make a whole world of difference to the quality of their video production, even with limited resources.
Students will be assessed on their ability to create a professional video by the end of the course.
Training Hours: 14 Hours (2 Days)
Course Dates & Time
Call 82887210 for more details
Course Fees (Approved for SkillsFuture Credit)
SGD $399 including GST
Participants are expected to bring their own DSLR cameras and laptop
Interested to register for this 2-Day Video Production course?Register Now
Trainer's Name: Derek Yeo
Derek Yeo is a production and filmmaking trainer who specializes in professional videography mentorship and video editing courses. He made his foray into the industry when non-linear editing (NLE) solutions were launched at the turn of the millennium. Having taken an early interest in video making and photography, Derek seized upon the powerful new tools that came with the digital non-linear revolution.
Derek founded Treasure Productions Pte Ltd, a production company that counts amongst its clients the Singapore Youth Olympic Games, Go Forth Christian Festival and Men’s Fashion Week. Treasure Productions also provided systems integration services - retailing accelerated hardware solutions like Canopus (Grass Valley), Pinnacle, Matrox as well as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, Speed Razor, Broadway Pro, Dazzle and Snazzi, among others.
It specialized in training for corporations, which included organizations such as NIE, NTU, SPF, SAF, MOE, HDB, ExxonMobil, Shell Chemicals Seraya, Hewlett Packard, Standard Chartered Bank, Glaxo Wellcome and Mc'Connell Dowell.
Derek's lifelong passion for filmmaking and videography led him to start online video portal Video lifestyle, which was an extension of Treasure Productions which featured the latest tools and techniques in the industry - this made him a familiar face at professional camcorder launch events for leading brands which included Sony, Canon, JVC, Samsung, Sennheiser and Azden, among others. In addition to the independent video reviews he has published online, Derek was also a regular contributor in the now-defunct Digital Times.
Derek has also been invited to share his wealth of experience at the launch events of new NLE software’s, which include Sony Vegas and Sony Creative Software, Ulead Media Studio Pro, Cinescore and Sound Forge. He has also given talks to agencies, which included the Defence Science and Technology Agency, Ministry of Education and Singapore Chinese Language Centre.
Derek has also been engaged as a trainer for students and teachers in educational institutions and numerous schools which include Rulang Primary, Tanjong Katong Secondary, Kranji Secondary, Northbrooks Secondary, Greenview Secondary and the Institute of Technical Education.
The programmes bore fruit with the schools bagging accolades such as the Gold and Platinum Award at the School Digital Media Awards (SDMA) and National Robotics Competition.
In the latter part of his career, Derek has focused on production and videography training for individuals who wish to pick up new skills in wedding videography, corporate and event productions - conducting courses in Intermediate Videography, DSLR Filmmaking, Sony Vegas Pro, Drone Videography, and a 6-month Mentorship Programme for individuals who wish to start their own production business.
Some of Derek’s students run successful production companies today in the wedding, corporate and event videography arena - they include Iriswave, Qing Dynasty and Reel Productions HD.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
VASST Sony Vegas Professional
VASST Surround Training
Ulead Media Studio Pro Official Training Centre
St Andrews Primary
St Andrews Secondary
SHATEC Diploma in Accommodation Operations
1986- 1993 Blue Horizon Pte Ltd (Owned and managed resort on Dayang island)
1993 -1998 Showboats and Resorts Pte Ltd (Pleasure Craft sales)
1999 – 2015 Treasure Productions Pte Ltd (Corporate Video Production, Weddings and Events, Systems Integration)