Wordpress Essentials (Website Creation)
Next class: Call 8288 7210 for more details
In this training workshop, you’ll learn how to build a professional website using an internationally recognized open-source content management system.
This course is designed for beginners with little to no I.T. skill or background. Students will be expected to purchase their own domain name and hosting account during the practical segment of the training.
Course Outline: Target Audience
This course is for
freelancers, entrepreneurs, marketers, business owners, and people who are new to website building and want to learn how to build their first website.
It is also for Website Designers, Web Developers, Online Marketing Consultants/Strategists, Solopreneurs and Marketing Executives.
Why Learn WordPress?
Hiring a website developer to build your website for you will cost you thousands of dollars. It also creates a high dependence on your developer to update and make changes for you. By investing in this 2-day program, you will learn how to create a beautiful-looking website for yourself or for other people.
Course Information: What the Course will Cover
Module 1 - Introduction to Website Building (1h 30min)
- The 3 most common types of professional websites on the internet
- What you need to prepare before building a website
- How websites store and display information through files
- Basic website design principles
Module 2 - Domain Name Selection (1h)
- Fundamentals of a good domain name
- Common mistakes first time website developers commit
- The role and purpose of a domain name registrar
- International versus local domain name registrar
- Types of domain name suffixes and their pricing guide
Module 3 - Website Hosting Management (2h)
- Different types of web hosting accounts
- Key considerations when choosing a hosting plan
- Should website developers be concern about server location
- Understanding and navigating around the web host dashboard
- Integrating your domain name and web host account
Module 4 - Open Source Content Management System (CMS) (2h 30min)
- Differences between a hosted and self-hosted CMS
- Critical CMS functions every professional website requires
- Recommended and preferred CMS for beginners
- WordPress Installation
Module 5 - Website Navigation & Structure (1h)
- The 3 basic and fundamental webpages
- The 2 types of site-maps and their key functions
- URL & permalinks management
- Understanding site navigation principles & online user behaviour
- Pages versus posts
Module 6 - WordPress Best Practices & Plugins (2h)
- Best practice customization to make WordPress search engine optimization (SEO) friendly
- Website security
- Website backup & regular maintenance
- Introduction to the WordPress dashboard
- WordPress free & premium plugin directory
Module 7 - Web Design Essentials (2h)
- Mobile responsive design
- The 5 visual principles of effective webpage design
- Online typography & readability best practices
- WordPress theme installation and customization
Module 8 - Website Content Strategy (2h)
- Customizing the homepage content
- Editing content using the visual and text editor
- Embedding multimedia elements on a webpage
- Setting up a contact form
- Building an interactive site wide navigation menu
Course Objectives: How the Learner will Benefit
By the end of the live workshop, students will be able to build a professional looking website comprising 5-10 pages. They will learn how to select and integrate their domain names to a webhosting account to create websites using WordPress.
Students will also go through basic web design elements and learn how to customize their website’s theme and content.
Students will be assessed on their ability to create a professional website by the end of the course.
Training Hours: 14 Hours (2 Days)
Students will need a laptop for this training program as there will be practical and hands-on exercises. They do not need any coding knowledge. While a demo domain name and web hosting account will be provided for practice purposes, students are encouraged to come to the program with a domain name in mind so they can be guided through the purchase process.
Course Dates & Time
Call 82887210 for more details
Course Fees (Approved for SkillsFuture Credit)
SGD $350 including GST
Interested to register for this 2-Day WordPress course?Register Now